Welcome to Deploying Securely!
Do you work in the world of software? Do any of the below situations describe problems you have to deal with on a regular basis?
Product security teams
- Are you always fire-fighting when it comes to the most recent security issue, question, or discussion?
- Is it a challenge to communicate with business leaders about the relative severity of vulnerabilities or the likelihood of someone bad exploiting them (or…gasp…even understand these things yourself)?
- Does it seem like those focused on revenue generation ignore your recommendations and accept wild levels of risk?
- Does it always seem like security is a “blocker” or that your risk management organization is constantly crying wolf?
- Are you unable to understand the overall cyber risk landscape for your product or company?
- Can you even weigh this risk effectively against all the other challenges you are facing?
If any of these problems sound familiar, then sign up today!
With each issue of Deploying Securely, I’ll do a deep dive into a cybersecurity topic, providing actionable recommendations and frameworks to help you protect your customers and your business.
Through the Deploying Securely store, I also offer playbooks and workflows to help you to implement the concepts I write about here.
Disclosures and disclaimers: everything I write here reflects my personal views alone. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, I am not speaking for any of my past or present employers.
I am not an attorney, accountant, or any type of government-licensed professional. I am not offering legal or accounting advice and advise you to contact the appropriately accredited person if that is what you are seeking. Everything I write here is provided “AS IS” and without warranty; you accept all risk involved in implementing any recommendations I offer.
If I stand to receive direct compensation from any company, product, or service (other than my own) mentioned in this newsletter, I will do my best to make that clear, although I expect that to be a rare situation.